Resolution of General Body of IATE
- National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education 2009 prepared by the NCTE should be modified and National Consultation / debate must be organized by NCTE for removing anomalies. The IATE shall send its observations to NCTE.
- Superannuation age of NCTE Chairperson & Vice-Chairperson should be similar to that of the Vice-Chancellors of Central Universities.
- Like other professional courses the interns of teacher education course should be given suitable stipend from NCTE/UGC.
- A National Teacher Education University should be established. The existing status of NCERT should be maintained.
- Commercialization of Teacher Education must be stopped forthwith to avoid exploitation of teacher educators and students by the private managements.
- B.Ed. should remain essential qualification for admission to M.Ed. courses. The admission criteria suggested by NCTE be modified immediately.
- UGC Qualification should be endorsed by the NCTE for appointment of faculty for B.Ed. / M.Ed. courses.
- Individual Life membership of IATE should be enhanced to Rs. 1000/- and institutional life membership to Rs 5,000/- from January 2011 and corpus fund from this may be created so that routine expenditure be made from the interest earning from that.
- The state Govt. / Universities should ensure the fair deal for teachers in private teacher education institutions.
*This resolution was adopted by the General body of IATE on 23 December in the conference Hall of the Dept. of Education& Allied Sciences, M.J.P. Rohilkhand University during 44th IATE Annual Conference, Bareilly (22-24 December, 2010)